Sunday 18 November 2012

Music Mixbag: Sunday Playlist

 When I first started this blog I used to do quite a few posts on what was on my playlist, who I couldn't stop listening to or who I was loving discovering. I haven't done a post that's entirely music orientated in ages and as big old eclectic music fan, I've decided to get it back up and running again as more of a regular feature! So today I'm kicking it back off with a selection of my latest favourite tracks for a chilled Sunday Playlist!

Of Monsters and Men // Dirty Paws
I love this song. It's got such a cute charm to it and follows on from 'Little Talks' brilliantly.



Two Door Cinema Club // Sun

A happy chappy second single from their latest album Beacon. I always love a bit of TDCC.  


Alt-J // Matilda
It took me a little while to come round to Alt-J. But I absolutely love this song, such a distinctive voice and I feel instantly chilled after listening to it.


Ed Sheeran // Give Me Love: Live Room Acoustic
Although its hard to select one, I think this is possibly my favourite song on Ed's album +. So glad it's been released as the final song!



Alex Care // Damn Your Eyes
I LOVE Alex Care's voice, especially on this brilliant cover of Etta James' Damn Your Eyes. I wish it was longer than 2 and half minutes!



Gabrielle Aplin // Ghosts
My favourite song from the amazing Gabrielle who sings the lovely cover of 'Power of Love' for this year's Xmas John Lewis advert. I first started my music posts on this blog with her song 'Home', so it only felt right to include this song in this post!



The XX // Angels
I know this isn't a new song but I just still can't stop listening to it! I don't think I'll ever get bored of hearing it!



Pinback // Penelope
An oldie, but a goodie. This song first came out in 2001. So when I was age 10/11 and completely unaware indie style music ever existed! Quite a melancholic song I know, but I still love listening to it!




 Enjoy. Hope you all have a lovely relaxing day :)


 

4 comments :

Thank you for comenting on my blog! I will always take the time to reply as soon as I can! If you would like to ask me something directly, tweet me @fashionmixbag

Justine xx