Wednesday 27 March 2013

Bristol Fashion Week' 13


Hi Guys! Last Friday I went to Bristol Fashion Week held at The Mall Cribbs Causeway! Despite the fact I only live about 50 mins away I had never been to BFW, so was pretty excited that I was given a bloggers pass to report at the live blogging event! I met up with beaut fellow Motel gal Vicki and two of her lovely pals and we headed off to collect our blogger passes and have a cheeky glass of bubbly and cupcake before the shows started! Prepare yourself for lots of photos!!







The shows were hosted by fashion duo - TV stylist Mark Heyes and celebrity hairdresser Andrew Barton who shared lots of styling and hair advice throughout the show. As quite a fussy hair person, one tip in particular that stood out in my mind was from Andrew Barton who recommend trailing out new hairdresses by booking a blow dry appointment with them first (something I've never thought of but makes complete sense!) - if they don't wow you and give you and your hair enough attention for that, then you know they're probably not the hairdressers for you and you probably shouldn't trust them with more complex things like colour! 

 All in all there were 11 fun filled catwalk shows from high street favourites such as River Island, Next, Marks & Spencer, Accessorize, Dorothy Perkins and Dune to name but a few! Each scene had it's own theme and personalised back drop which created the mood perfectly for each trend - in a way each show could be described as quite theatrical with all the dancing and props! The soundtrack was also a bit of a stormer too, I mean the last scene was a playful little show from River Island to none other than One Direction's One Way or Another, you just can't argue with a song choice like that haha! The finale also saw all the models and the two hosts cracking out a bit of Gangnam Style. Nicceee. 


Monochrome from Dorothy Perkins



Cutteee Floral Umberella's from John Lewis

Geographic Prints with a Sci Fi Vibe from Marks & Spencer. 
Retro glamour with Swimwear from Fat Face


CC Viyella Womenswear and Austin Reed Menswear

I was loving these Neon pieces from John Lewis 

Mixing up spots and stripes from Wallis.


Beachwear - Marks and Spencer



It's getting hot in hereeee with a gorgeous dress from Phase Eight, Next Men's Suit and Ann Summers Lingerie.
Casual Sportswear vibe from River Island. I REALLY really would like a pair of these heeled trainers pretty please!!

More street fashion from River Island
Alice by Temperely Dress. We all know how much I love Alice :) 

Beauts dresses from Warehouse

Hitch hiking in Timberland



At the end of all the model stalking and bopping in our seats we were treated to a goodie bag filled with treats and tester that I will review the best of soon :) There was also a pamper zone dotted around the upper mall with a few stalls available to try out some make up brands like Body Shop and treat yourselves to beauty treatements and manicures, so we had a quick potter around! Unfortunately I had to dash home otherwise I quite fancied myself a mini manicure from Bourjois! 

Me & Vicki!




Did any of you go to Bristol Fashion Week? 





 

2 comments :

  1. Looks like you had so much fun - I am going Manchester Fashion Week in April and can't wait!

    Now following you on GFC and would be great to get a follow back, if you would like to follow each other? :)

    Be great if you could check out my two latest sports luxe outfit posts. Which is your favourite? beauty post on BOY London | Sports Luxe Outfit 1 OR Celine Paris | Sports Luxe Outfit 2 ?

    Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com | UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah have fun at Manchester Fashion Week - I went last year - it's a ball! Thank you for following! will check out your blog now! xx

      Delete

Thank you for comenting on my blog! I will always take the time to reply as soon as I can! If you would like to ask me something directly, tweet me @fashionmixbag

Justine xx