Monday 11 November 2013

Next SS14 Press Day


Last Wednesday I headed on down to London for the day to hit up a couple of SS14 press days! I can't believe how quickly this last year has gone, it feels just like yesterday I was heading down to check out all the newbie SS13 goodies! But nevertheless I excitedly grabbed my copy of 'Mad About The Boy' popped my Oyster card in my pocket and headed to the train station. My first stop of the day was at Next, which was being held in the Film Museum in Covent Garden. After a couple of delayed trains I finally made it there about an hour later than planned and trawling through the pouring rain trying to find the way- I'm not too London-lingual so completely relied on my phone, thank goodness for Google Maps (and my fedora hat) hey! 


As soon as I arrived I immediately felt like I'd stepped into a different season with all the lovely summery-ness displayed and had a good look through all the new collections layed out in Womenswear. I have to say Next have really pulled it out the bag for next years trends- the accessories and little bomber jackets in particular were amazzzeee balls and I developed multiple crushes on little cute cut-out brogues, heels and tote bags. Check out the quilted leather backpack too, so perfect! The main collections that stuck out to me were the mustard & monochrome with all the fluffy jumpers, brocade jackets and the casual denim & blues with oversized sweatshirts and denim shirts. I'm excited to see them in the Next stores in 2014 in summer!




After having a good rifle through I spotted the lovely Becca from Fashion Train snapping away (who's blog I have been reading for agggeess) so thought I would go over and say hi! I then luckily met lots of my favourite other bloggers too who were all so so lovely and enjoyed chatting with them all over a few cucumber & elderflower 'bomb' cocktails and yummy canapes! After having a good long gossip with the fab Kirsty from Fashion Champagne and meeting some of the Next ladies too, Amy (Wolf Whistle) , Kristabel (I Want You To Know) and I decided we should probably take a little more of a walk round and checked out the beauty room and homewear bits!
In the gorgeous beauty hub the Next ladies were giving everyone complimentary manicures and blow drys. It was a shame I had ran out of time otherwise I would've definitely got my hair joojed up a bit after being totally rained on! 

The Beauty Room

How gorgeous are all the shabby chic homewear bits? I've also now decided I would like a wooden boat and oars in my future house. Maybe I'll have to swap a sofa for it? Totally do-able though, right..... 


What do you all think of Next's SS14 collection? 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for comenting on my blog! I will always take the time to reply as soon as I can! If you would like to ask me something directly, tweet me @fashionmixbag

Justine xx