Thursday 1 May 2014

Bumble & Bumble Curl Conscious Reactivating Mist

Bumble & Bumble Curl Conscious Reactivating Mist 250ml // Boots

If there's one thing I hate about having naturally curly/wavy hair, it has to be the frizz! I decided to start cutting back on using heat and especially straighteners on my hair this year to try and help it grow and strengthen, so along the way, I've invested in a few products to calm it's frizzy nature. First up on my frizz-maintaining faves is this Reactivating Mist from the Curl Conscious range by Bumble & Bumble.

Let me start off by saying how much I LOVE this product. At £20.50 it's not the most purse-friendly, however I read a few product reviews before buying it (as always!) and the feedback on the whole seemed really good so I decided to take the plunge! I bought this around 4 months ago and have been using it on a day-to-day basis ever since! The mist is a very lightweight formula and works fantastically on both freshly washed, wet hair, to rejuvenating curls on those in-betweeny days. (I did however decide not take it on holiday with me as the bottle is quite weighty - not a good decision!)

Using it on wet hair: Although this is not strictly what this product is designed for, (what a rebel, hey?!) before leaving my hair to air-dry naturally, I usually spritz this all over freshly washed, towel dried hair as a last step after I have applied my hair oil. I really notice a difference as my curls dry gently more defined without any sticky-residue as you can get with some leave in mousses etc.

Using it on dry hair: I think this is where this product really works for me, I can find after a day at work my curls tend to fall a little and frizz up towards the root, before I used to add a little bit of water throughout the ends to try and calm it or use my straighteners to add a few curls, however a few spritzes of this and it is noticeably more manageable and my curls do lift up and look more defined again! On the odd occasion where I have sprayed too much on dry hair, I do notice there can be a bit of build up and it can go a little on the sticky side, so I would recommend going easy and keeping it to as few sprays as possible!

Would I Re-Buy? Yes - although I just wish it wasn't quite so pricey! I'm really keen to try the other products in the curl conscious range now!


Have any of you guys used the Curl Conscious Range? 


 

4 comments :

  1. I have naturally curly hair, and I need this product!
    clarabellerose.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a go - I'm sure you'll love it :) xx

      Delete
  2. I have naturally curly/frizzy hair too and this product sounds perfect, I've been looking for a new calming serum too so might have to purchase! I really love your blog design as well! :)
    emmerliejay x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes it's a great product to have for curly girls! Hope it works for you too :) Ah thanks lovely! xx

      Delete

Thank you for comenting on my blog! I will always take the time to reply as soon as I can! If you would like to ask me something directly, tweet me @fashionmixbag

Justine xx